Potty Training Boys - no secrets, just my story of twin boys potty training

Potty Training Boys,baby potty training,nighttime potty training boys,effective potty training for boys,best way to potty train a boy,potty training boy
Well, first let me introduce my level of expertise. I have not trained girls how to use the potty. This can work with them. I can not testify, as I do not have all the daughters of my own. I potty trained 3 boys. My first was potty trained in 2 days. Twins (yes - twins) have been very successful in only 3 days.

You may be wondering how I did it. Well, here's my "secret". I bribed the heck out of my kids! I'm not kidding. I put up a reward system to reward them for trying to go, and even more to go #2!

My reasoning

I'm not a child psychologist. They all have their answers and I'm not one of them. I spent some time thinking about what makes me do something I now no real desire to do. The answer - a reward!

We will do what we are doing now until we are too comfortable or there is something clearly more comfortable doing

That being said, I could take a few different routes. I could not make them uncomfortable. For me, this means getting rid of super-absorbent disposable diapers to make life easy and use cloth diapers that make your children feel the wickedness of their filth. Yuck!

The alternative is that I chose to give them the motivation to be more comfortable with something different!

My Awards

For one week, we talked about the "Day Potty Training" and they would get to be big boys and underwear. We examined the superhero underwear on and was very excited about it!

We also bought treats. This can be anything that gets your child excited. We have made M & M - they do not get very often and they love them. In addition, it is easy to give them a predetermined amount for trials, successes, and No. 2 hit (a big deal for one!)

Day Potty Training

When the day finally arrived, we had a really great the whole thing. We were so excited for them and talked about how awesome it would be to wear underwear. They were so excited!

Give Them A Sample

Yup, I gave them a sample of the treats they would receive if they were trying to go potty.

Give them a lot of juice

Children through juice like nothing else (at least my boys). So I crank up their consumption. I know - it has a ton of sugar, but good.

Set a timer for potty training boys tests

Every 30 minutes, I told them it was time to try. If they tried (sitting, standing - what works for you) they were treated (3 M & M). If they went to No. 1 - they got more pleasure (5 M & Ms) and if they were super successful (you know what I mean, right?), They received 10 M & M.

    Day 1 - Try every 30 minutes. Reward like crazy. Praise them all day. Accidents - reassure them. Do not shout!
    Day 2 - Ask them every 30 minutes. Reward like crazy. Praise them all day.
    Accidents - reassure them. Do not shout!
    Day 3 - Keep an eye on them and see if you can remember them all day. Just reward for success, not only to try. Praise like crazy.
    Day 4 - Maintain - they should be fine now. Just keep an eye on it and anticipate situations where it may be difficult (shops, playground, etc.)

There you go. That's all I did.

How To Potty Train A Boy in 3 Day Click Here

Leave a Reply